Fun! Free! And open to the public!!!
(From 1:00 pm- 4:00pm)
- April 22: Earth Day
- Design sculptures using our endless supply of recycled materials. Save the earth by recycling!
- May 20: “I Am ______________,” For All The World To See
- Visit the exhibition For All The World To See. Join us in the ArtLab for a pin-making activity to show to the world your positive statement: “I am _____________!” Create drawings of your family, close or extended, and the roles you play in each others lives. Bring a copy of a photograph of yourself or your family to include in our mini “pup-up” museum.
- July 15: Gone Fishing
- Come to the ArtLab to create your own fish print using the Japanese art of Gyotaku, a traditional printing method using a real fish as the printing plate. No fish will be harmed in the making of our prints! We will use latex fish for printing!
- August 5: International Friendship Day
- Art brings people together. Create a piece of artwork that fosters friendships and tolerance to build community. Bring your friends and share time and art together!
- October 28: Day of the Dead
- Honor Dia de los Muertos by creating traditional and non-traditional Day of the Dead artworks such as papel picado, tissue marigolds (flowers of the dead), miniature ofrenda, calaveras masks, and monarch butterflies.
- November 22-December 22
- Bring an art supply to decorate our ArtLab giving tree! Your gift will be used to help provide free art activities for visitors to the Mulvane Art Museum’s ArtLab.
*Featured Artwork: Gene Kloss, Cherry Blossom Time, Etching (From the Collection of the Mulvane Art Museum)